countdown to the beginning of the rest of my life...


a collection of long (run-on) sentences in anticipation of the shortest

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Pooh Bear Replies...


"May tanong ako, ano ang nangyari sa story mo? Nung dumating yung second brother, nakakita ba sya ng perfect na corn? Dalawang bagay ang naiisip ko sa blog mo. Una, sa story mo, pano kung nakarating ka nga sa dulo ng corn field at wala ka nang napili, hindi ka na pwedeng bumalik diba? What you thought could be the best, but decided you should look for something more, was lost, and you could never go back. In either of the paths that you'll take, both has risks and consequences. It's just a matter of choice, and nobody will know if it is right or wrong. A better thought, there could never be a right or wrong decision. It's up to you to make it right and more so, you could make it wrong.

Ang pangalawang bagay na naisip ko ay tungkol sa quote mo. "Anything less than mad, passionate, extraordinary love is a waste of time..." Maybe, most of us, wish and want to believe that because ideally, that should be love. Pero sa totoong buhay, meron pa bang mad, passionate or extraordinary na habangbuhay? Sa tingin ko, madaming paraan natin makikita, masasabi at mawiwitness ang love. Yung sinabi mo, totoong nag-aapply sa inyo ni daddy. Pero sa iba, hindi. Tulad ng kela mommy at papa, definitely hindi mad at passionate yon. Tapos yung pagiging extraordinary ng love ni papa kay mommy, naprove ko na lang nung later part ng buhay nila. But all these years, they stayed together and I could say it is love, even though it isn't mad and passionate."

Walang ending yung kwento ko - to emphasize my point that the first brother is still suffering until now because of thinking of what-could-have-beens.

Could be that he came back with something that was better than what his brother came up with and so he won the price.
Could be that he reached the end of the field and so he was forced to just get the last one he saw, which was inferior to the one the first brother got and so he lost.

You're right. There are risks in both cases. And no choice is right or wrong.

I still stand by my belief and it's ok if you don't agree. That's what we're here for - to listen to each other's thoughts. Pero oo, sa tingin ko there could be a love that is mad, passionate, and extraordinary na panghabangbuhay. Nagkakatalo lang how you define these adjectives. Mad and passionate and extraordinary don't always equal sexual chemistry or being all over each other or breathless declarations of undying love or anything as dramatic as the story of Romeo and Juliet. But two things must hold true - it should be real and it should last. Passion that is based on being "in love" or "in heat" easily fades, and that's not what I meant. For me, it is something that is based on, among other things, sharing good laughs, long conversations, and comfortable silences, putting the other person's needs before your own, and being fascinated with the tiny details of his being that are insignificant to other people - all done passionately. It could be a quiet kind of passion like what you witnessed with your parents. That kind could be more powerful because it's grounded on strength that each of them held on to until the end. I'm sure your parents loved (and still do) each other in their own ways, but knowing what little I know of your mommy, I'm sure she must have loved your papa in her own way, but passionate nevertheless.

"But could this be the way I love him?" What Tigger and I have is not perfect and not even almost perfect - far from it even. But I know that it is love - without any question mark. And that's what I want you to have. I want you to be sure. Not just because Piglet promised to change to be a better person to suit your standards and not just because you heard what you wanted to hear. Yun lang ang hiling ko, ang maging sigurado ka tapos susuportahan ko kung ano man ang desisyon mo.

Tigger and I love you very much (and not without passion) and we just want you to be truly happy.