I Am Woman
Hasty generalization is the fallacy that I hate most but for the sake of blogging, I might have to commit one: most women own at least a dozen pairs of shoes, one bag for each day of the week (and in all imaginable colors if most women are like my mother), and jewelry for all occasions. I, a woman of uncertain terms (blame my past life in Lesbos), own one bag (plus two if you count my camera and laptop bags) and two shoes (a pair of rubber shoes and a pair of slip-ons which I haven't used for more than a year now) and the only piece of jewelry that I own is my engagement ring (which I love to bits, by the way). I don't even own a watch.But then again, I am not most women. On my wedding day however, I will be one. A woman, that is.
I am going to wear stilettos (open-toed ones to show off my Tips 'N Toes pedicure c/o ate Dimps), I am going to carry a sequined pouch bag, and I am going to wear jewelry from head (see previous entry on Wedding Hairstyles 101) to toe (toe ring, perhaps?). Which brings me to my newsworthy accomplishment today: I bought diva earrings! We went to Chinatown after work today and I bought three pairs! I'd have bought one pair only had it not been one of those 3 for $10 souvenir stores, but what the hey, I am woman! I need at least 3 of everything. And who would guess that a pair only costs Php 100? I am diva on a dime, bride on a budget.But I'd be woman in NO uncertain terms, albeit only for a day.
<< Home