countdown to the beginning of the rest of my life...


a collection of long (run-on) sentences in anticipation of the shortest

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Wedding Hairstyles 101

This was the very first hairstyle that I seriously considered until somebody pointed out that because of the dishevelled-looking bun, this won't work at all for me unless I looked exactly like the model (magmumukha kang labandera!).

And then I found this. Simple and very elegant. But! My forehead (in its all-encompassing glory with the trademark pockmark) is not exactly Audrey Hepburn. And neither are my eyebrows, eyes, and my whole face, for that matter. I'd bring a new level to the words Funny Face if I attempted this hairstyle.

And then I came across this. The tiara and the curls might be able to do the trick and draw the eyes from my wide gangplank. And I've always wanted to wear a tiara. But the problem with this hairstyle is that my hair is too stubborn to curl and so we might end up all afternoon just doing my hair and then it wouldn't even stay that way for the whole night.
Conclusion: If the combination of the first and last (hairstyle#1 minus the dishevelled bit plus the tiara of #3) still won't work, I'd be sticking to my original plan: two simple braids (think Tiger Lily's hair minus the feathers or Pocahontas' hair before Disney re-invented her) interwoven with red-gold thread - simple, unique, and worry-free.

Today's Low: Uncle Caloy won't be able to make it for the wedding (but he said he'll still try).
Today's High: Papa Pito agreed wholeheartedly to be his proxy.