countdown to the beginning of the rest of my life...


a collection of long (run-on) sentences in anticipation of the shortest

Monday, October 30, 2006

The Hollywood 24-Hour Miracle Diet

47 (coincidentally my target weight in kg) days into the countdown, desperate times call for desperate measures.
I pigged out the whole weekend (and have been doing so for my whole life, for that matter) and so I decided to try the Hollywood 24-hour Miracle Diet today. I weighed myself this morning and found out that after months of watching what I eat (well, I watch it but I still eat it), rebounding for at least 30 minutes a day (ok, 5), playing badminton on weekends (this is true until we got really busy with the DIY stuff), jogging occasionally (ok, brisk walking), and borrowing all those yoga DVDs from the library (ok, some were designed for expectant moms so they weren't really strenuous), all I accomplished was that I maintained my weight (no, I am not publishing it here). Ok, so what did I expect?

0930 hours: Mixed 4oz of it (a quarter of the whole content) with 4oz of water. Taste not bad, no hungry pangs yet (not that I feel hungry at this time of day)

1030 hours: Having taken
a few sips of the purportedly miracle juice and 2 glasses of water, I felt my stomach growling not because of hunger, but because I needed to go to the washroom (and not just to tinkle!)

1100 hours: Bathroom beckoned once again.


1130 hours: My concoction - which I was supposed to sip slowly over 4 hours - finished orredy! This means that I have 2 hours to kill before I get to sip my next ration. Beginning to feel my stomach growling again but this time b
ecause of hunger.

1200 hours: Looking at my gown design gave me the fuel for the last 30 minutes. Not sure if it will be enough motivation for an hour and a half more.
[What was I thinking choosing a design like this for my gown?! I must be out of my mind! Heaven help me! Good thing
the veil will be big enough to cover all of me, especially the fatty parts of my scoliotic back. But at any rate, I don't think 10 lbs would be enough, especially now that the last person who could help me in achieving the illusion of a waist is not replying to my emails (paging Mabelle of Betty's Bodyform corsets). Mental note to buy half dozen more bottles of this miracle juice.]

1330 hours: Mixed another 4 oz. with water (more water this time to make it last a little longer.

1400 hours: Lunch hour came and went and surprisingly, I feel OK. I had a bit of a headache though but nothing a quick splash of cold water didn't fix. Didn't want to risk taking Mefenamic acid in fear
of it messing up my detoxification process.

1530 hours: Lethargy and sleepi
ness set in (could be psychological).

1730 hours: Outta here in 15 minutes. I doubt if I could keep this up until tonight; the Baldoza family is coming over to help with the invitations which means I have to cook dinner.

0035 hours: Just as I predicted, $12.50 - not 5 lbs - down the drain. Oh well. I'll try it again next week.

Today's Low: My brother was not exactly the world's most loving brother today. Normally I would not have minded but try waiting for almost an hour with an empty stomach, you'd be pissed too.

Today's High: 70% finished with the invitations - special thanks to the Baldoza family, to Ate Dimps and friend Anele, and to my apologetic brother.