countdown to the beginning of the rest of my life...


a collection of long (run-on) sentences in anticipation of the shortest

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

I found time today to go over the on-the-day tasks and realized that I already have 52 items on my list and I'm not even halfway finished with it yet!
For a minute there I panicked and considered hiring a professional coordinator just so I'd have someone to worry for me. But I quickly came to my senses and reminded myself that everything is under control. Why would I have all these items written down if it were otherwise? Besides, Eunice (love her!) volunteered her sisters and boyfriend to be our OTD coordinators so there's nothing to worry about. In fact I already did the cutest IDs for them. :o)

A very wise woman told me once that "the greater part of our
happiness or misery depends on our dispositions, and not on our circumstances". That's been my mantra ever since because I know that from time to time, I WILL find myself in situations that are out of my control but what's within my control is my attitude towards these situations. But before I go all philosophical, let me go back to what I was trying to say -- I vow to have fun on my wedding day no matter what. I've waited for this my whole life and no amount of wilted flowers, defective microphones, or missing luminaries can ruin it for me. After all, I'm marrying the man of my dreams and that's the only reason I need to celebrate the best day of my life.