countdown to the beginning of the rest of my life...


a collection of long (run-on) sentences in anticipation of the shortest

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Tinapa't Talong

I slept at 4:30 in the morning and was already up by 9:30 thanks to my dear brother. In fairness, he was not informed of the single house rule that I tell everyone who comes for a visit: Under no circumstances am I to be woken up on non-working days, except only for dire emergencies as I find it hard to go back to sleep once I'm up and I could be really cranky when I lack sleep. But after learning the reason why he woke me up, I forgave him instantly. He cooked tinapa at talong with kamatis at patis -- my favorite breakfast that I haven't had for more than a year now! It was a dire emergency after all. :o) And to think that he went to sleep the same time we did because he was helping us finish the invitations. I have the most loving brother in the whole world!