countdown to the beginning of the rest of my life...


a collection of long (run-on) sentences in anticipation of the shortest

Friday, October 27, 2006

the countdown begins

Today marks the 50 day countdown to our altar date and so I decided to create this blog for the sole purpose of recording my musings as the big day approaches. Share in the joy of my anticipation because after all, getting there is half the fun!

Today's Low: My dear brother arrived the other day to bring us the envelopes, stickers, and what-nots that I asked Mama to buy, and to join me in my undertaking to lose 10 lbs., details of which will also be written here should there be any progress - which I highly expect as we bought this Hollywood diet juice which claims to make you lose 5 lbs in 24 hours (we bought 4 because of the buy one-take one promo at Watson's and so if it works like it says it will, then bye bye to the 10 lbs that I've been trying to lose (and needless to say, to no avail) since Andrei proposed. But I digress. Today's low is not my brother's being here (certainly not!), it's the news that he brought with him that my parents are not in speaking terms (my mother's own words!) again because of some misunderstanding which I personally think is very childish. But I digress again. The blogworthy (i.e. wedding-related) news is that my Papa was apparently hurt because I didn't give him any slots on our guest list for his friends. But I know I did! I distinctly remember sending them a copy of the tentative list for them to modify as they please. Is it my fault that I sent it around the same time that he and Mama were again in one of those not-in-speaking-term crusades? But being the good daughter that I am, I emailed Mama today to ask her the names that they want included and I specifically told her to ask Papa as well. I just got her reply and now my problem is how to make sure that only 230 guests will attend out of the 300 that will be invited because we only paid for 230 heads. :o)

Today's high: Today is Friday and no amount of parent-rearing problems can ruin the start of my weekend. I can't wait to go home and continue working on the invitations! Earlier this year Andrei and my best friend and maid of honor Eunice managed to convince me that we could pull off a DIY invitation. Much to our delight and to our detractors' dismay, it looks like they're turning out to be quite nice. In fact, we've done a bang-up job so far if I do say so myself. And it's such a joy doing the invites with my future husband as he always willingly accedes to doing the tricky parts like the pinking of the cardboards with a rotary cutter, which literally requires muscle power and a certain degree of OC-ness -- both of which, fortunately, he has a lot of. I, on the other hand, get to do the fun parts that only require an effortless artistic talent like the gluing of the cutout leaves on the main invite page in such a way that they look like they're falling. I say marriage is all about that - complementing each other's differences toward a common goal while hip-gyrating to Shakira's Hips Don't Lie (thanks to Yahoo! Launchcast) and munching on Boy Bawang.