countdown to the beginning of the rest of my life...


a collection of long (run-on) sentences in anticipation of the shortest

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Good Luck, Bad Luck, Who Knows?

There was a farmer whose horse ran away.
The neighbors sympathized, 'Oh that's such bad luck.'
The farmer replied, 'Good luck, bad luck, who knows?'
Th next day the farmer's horse came back and with it was a herd of wild horses.
The neighbors commented, 'Oh that's such good luck.'
The farmer replied, 'Good luck, bad luck, who knows?'
Then the farmer's son broke his arm while taming one of the wild horses.
The neighbors said, 'Oh that's such bad luck.'
The farmer replied, 'Good luck, bad luck, who knows?'
Then a decree announced that all able-bodied young men were to be sent to war. The farmer's son, with his broken arm, was exempted.
The neighbors said, 'Oh that's such good luck.'

- Story retold from Fr. Joseph Yao's homily yesterday at the Church of St. Ignatius
I liked the story so much that I decided to post it here so that whenever something happens that could easily be blamed to good luck or bad luck, I'd think again and remember that all I need is faith. God always knows best. From now on, instead of saying 'Good Luck', I'd say 'God bless.' :o)


In other news, Andrei was cantor for yesterday's Sunset Mass. My heart almost burst with pride as the timbre of his rich vocals filled the church. It took a tremendous amount of self-restraint to stop myself from applauding and shouting to the Singaporean congregation that he's Filipino! And he's mine!


Today's Low: We went to four different malls but we still couldn't find the luggage in the color and size that Andrei wanted. We ended up just buying the small one. Good luck, bad luck, who knows?
Today's High: I have new luggage too! Matching pink ones! I am getting the hang of this 'girl' thing. ;o) Labing-isang linggo na lang, pulotgataan na! Kahit saan mang lulalop kami mapadpad, panalo ang maleta ko! :o)